|Chicken Salsa with Rice||
- 2 cups cooked white rice, kept warm
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Salsa – Homestyle Recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 1 container (8 oz.) sour cream (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, onion and bell pepper; cook.
- Stir occasionally (10 to 12 minutes) or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in salsa; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover; let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve over rice.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.